Senior Technical Engineer (Automation)
Job location: Fornebu
Job sector: Quality Assurance
Works autonomously and acts as a senior providing professional advice, managing and/or coordinating a technical area. Leads technical areas within Quality Engineering projects using available frameworks and tools and establishing project plans with on-time and on-budget project goals.
This position requires a self-motivated professional to work within an expanding Automation team providing cutting-edge automation solutions to clients. Bespoke solutions are delivered using a wide range of commercial and open-source tools. The candidate will need to work collaboratively with our customers to scope, plan, implement and refine automation solutions specific to requirements.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of Automation tools and frameworks. The position will also involve the management and mentoring of junior resources.
- Leads multiple phases of technical areas within a project and/or multiple small projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments. Responsible for a certain area and conditions.
- Prototyping, designing, planning, implementing and maintaining automation test frameworks using commercial or open-source tools.
- Assures the project meets quality standards by providing technical guidance in planning, designing, executing testing, and developing procedures relating to product quality.
- Creating Automation solution design based on Best Practice and building Automation test cases based on functional test assets.
- Applies data analysis, data modelling, and quality engineering techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish and maintain data structures and associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Leads the creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of non-functional specifications.
- Writes high quality scripts in a chosen tool and builds into a scenario to test defined non-functional use cases.
- Produces clear and concise reports during the lifecycle of the automation project.
- Accurately identifies project risks and/or benefits and reports effectively to relevant stakeholders.
- Mentors the automation resources and contributes to the wider automation team through the creation of reusable assets.
- Implements robust error handling and clear/consistent reporting functionality, investigating and reporting on hazards and potential risk events within a project or business area.
- Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements, reports on system quality and collects metrics on test cases.
- Provides detailed advice regarding the application of technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB Advanced
- Additional course or certification in Quality Engineering
- Certification in NFT Tools such HP QTP, Selenium, HP LR etc.
- 3 years' experience of automation testing across a number of projects and technologies.
- Technical Skills- SQL, UNIX, Agile preferential
- Must speak, read and write fluent Norwegian
- Norwegian citizenship