Senior Automation Engineer
Job location: Fornebu
Job sector: Quality Assurance
Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe. We operate in over 25 countries.
This position requires a self-motivated professional to work within an expanding Automation team providing cutting-edge automation solutions to clients. Bespoke solutions are delivered using a wide range of commercial and open-source tools. The candidate will need to work collaboratively with our customers to scope, plan, implement and refine automation solutions specific to requirements.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of Automation tools and frameworks. The position will also involve the management and mentoring of junior resources.
Senior Automation Engineers will be empowered to actively contribute to the wider Automation Service assisting with research and development activities to ensure that Expleo remain at the fore-front in delivering automation to our clients.
- Prototyping, designing, planning, implementing and maintaining automation test frameworks using commercial or open-source tools.
- Working with key stakeholders to identify and design automation solutions
- Generating reliable effort estimates for tasks
- Creating automation solution design based on “best-practice”
- Building automation test cases based on functional test assets
- Working collaboratively with other teams during test preparation and execution activities
- Investigating and debug application defects
- Producing clear and concise reports during the lifecycle of an automation project
- Identifying opportunities for further test automation or efficiencies through automation
- Communicating Automation Benefits to clients including detailed cost benefit analysis
- Advise customer on automation approaches and benefits.
- Manage resources against pre-determined plans.
- Mentor automation resources and contribute to wider automation team through the creation of re-usable assets (e.g. case studies / whitepapers)
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage own Automation deliverables
- Participate in training, including self-conducted learning, to keep skills up-to-date
- Work unsupervised on proof of concept exercises. This will include the creation of pre-sales collateral documenting return on investment / benefits analysis
- Third level qualification in Computer Science/IT/Software Engineering
- Excellent programming skills – Strong Java/C# or equivalent object oriented programming language
- Must be proficient in industry leading automation test tools (e.g. QTP/UFT, Selenium, Coded UI, TestComplete, BDD tooling (Cucumber / jBehave)
- Must be proficient at writing complex code in some of the following languages: Java, C#, MS VBScript
- Excellent Reporting and communication skills
- At least 5 years’ experience of automation testing across a number of projects and technologies
- Capable of building Automation test frameworks from scratch
- Strong capability/experience developing/testing complex API interfaces
- Excellent working knowledge of Automation tools and frameworks
- Understanding/experience of CI, Dependency Management and Source Control tools.
- Understanding of test management tools/solutions/integrations (e.g. JIRA, ALM/QC, MS TM)
- Experience of working in Dev-Ops environment/teams
- Experience working with Micro-services Architecture Ability to interact with other teams to derive information required for projects
- Ability to highlight and escalate risks related to assigned work
- Have a proactive, can do attitude with a proven track record of implementing automated solutions
- Must speak, read and write fluent Norwegian
- Norwegian citizenship